The IIT students will now have a new entrance examination pattern as per the announcement of the IIT council recently.
The Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT) council have finally come to a settlement with the development ministry of human resource for the sanction of new pattern.
The new IIT Entrance Examination pattern will include the below feature,
1. Two exams will be held for Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), one for ‘main’ and other for ‘advanced’.
2. The ‘main’ exam for IIT-JEE will be corresponding to All India Engineering Entrance Examination (AIEEE) and ‘advanced’ corresponding to IIT-JEE.
3. A total of top qualified 150,000 aspirants will be eligible to appear for JEE advanced exam in all categories.
4. The rank on advanced exam ensures for the candidates admission.
5. The advanced exam will be conducted by Joint Admission Board (JAB) and Joint Implementation Committee. JEE will conduct the examination.
6. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct the examination for the main JEE. It is expected to implement from 2013.
7. Admission for will be purely based in the main exam score for National Institutes of Technology (NITs) and Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs)
8. Admissions to other Deemed Universities will be based on the main exam scores.