Learn to make this delicious and tasty middle eastern dessert called baklava cups with this easy recipe.
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Serves: 30 pieces
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- 1 zested lemon
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp of vanilla extract
- ¼ cup, plus 3 tbsp sugar
- ¼ cup of honey
- ½ cup of water
- ½ cup of pistachios
- ½ cup of almonds
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ½ tsp of salt
- 2 boxes of mini filo shells, 15 shells each
Also needed: 2 (12-cup) mini cupcake pans and food processor
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Toast the walnuts, almonds and pistachios on a baking sheet in the oven until they are golden and fragrant. It takes about 8 minutes.
- 3. After cooling the nuts down, put them in a food processor. Add the lemon zest, butter, 3 tbsp of sugar, salt, vanilla and salt.
- Place the shells in the cupcake pans.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the nut mixture into each of the shells.
- 6. Bake them until the filling is hot. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil water, honey and ¼ cup of sugar over medium heat.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, bring it to a simmer and reduce it till it is slightly thickened. It takes about 8-10 minutes.
- Pour one teaspoon of this syrup into each of the shells and allow it to get soaked into the filling. After it is completely soaked, put in another teaspoonful.
- Refrigerate for at least 5 hours or overnight.
- Your baklava cups are ready to serve!