Christmas parties are incomplete without a fruit cake. However there are many different fruit cakes available in the market in the Christmas month, but the one we make ourselves is always the best. Here is a recipe of an eggless fruitcake for your Christmas party.
Things you need-
- Hot water--3/4 cup
- Butter--1/2 cup
- White sugar--1/2 cup
- Ground nutmeg--1/2 teaspoon
- Mixed spice--1 teaspoon
- Mixed fruit--3/4 cup dried, chopped
- Baking soda--1/2 teaspoon
- Self-rising flour--2 cups
How to make eggless fruit cake-
- Take a saucepan and add sugar, water, butter, fruits, nutmeg and mixed spice and mix it well.
- Keep this pan filled of mixture on a medium flame and bring it to boil, make sure the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted.
- Simmer the flame and cook it for next 3 minutes.
- Remove it from flame and allow it to cool a little. When the mixture is lukewarm, add the baking soda into it. Stir well.
- Take a large vessel and add the flour into it. Add the fruit mixture into it and mix well.
- Take a baking pan and grease it. Pour the batter in the greased pan and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon or a bowl.
- Put the pan in the over to bake. Make sure that you preheat your oven at 375 degrees F.
- Bake it for 75 minutes and take it out.
- Allow it to cool and the eggless fruit cake is ready to serve.