Healthy recipe of Keerai Rice (Palak/Spinach Rice) is a nutritinal dish that contains loads of greens in it. It is rich in iron and carbohydrates and is perfect to be consumed as a lunch recipe. Here is a quick and easy recipe to prepare spinach rice
1 cup of rice wash well in water
1 bunch of spinach, chopped finely
6-7 finly chopped Sambar Onion
1 finely chopped Tomato
4-5 fineely chopped Garlic flakes
2-3 finely chopped Green Chillies
2 tsp of Sambar Powder
1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder
3-4 tbsp of cooking Oil
1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds
1 tsp of Urad dhal
Salt according to taste
Preparation Time- 30min
1. Put rice in a pan or pressure cooker and cook well.
2. Take oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and urad dal and fry till the color of dal turns brown.
3. Add chopped onions, green chillies, garlic and saute till it turns light brown. Add tomatoes and fry till they are cooked well.
4. Add sambar powder and turmeric powder to it and then mix the chopped spinach to it. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 4 min on low flame.
5. Add salt and mix well.
6. Now add rice and mix well and serve hot.