Cheese and cream are the best ingredients to give any food an Italian flavor. Macaroni and Bacon when grilled with cheese give an excellent cheesy and creamy delicacy. Addition of cauliflower gives it a rich taste. Bacon and Macaroni make a great combination with cauliflower and cheese. This could be made as a breakfast as well as an additional dish in your Italian dinner.
- Dried curly pasta - 2 cups
- Cauliflower - 400g (cut in small pieces)
- Butter - 2 tbs
- Bacon rashers - 250g finely chopped
- Onion - 1/2 finely chopped
- Garlic - 1clove
- Cream cheese - 1 x 250g pkt
- Milk - 2 1/2 cups
- Dijon mustard - 1 tbs
- Vintage cheddar - 150g, coarsely grated
- Continental parsley - 2 tbs chopped fresh
How to make grilled Macaroni with Bacon and Cauliflower:
- Boil the pasta for 8 minutes and then add cut cauliflower. Boil till it becomes tender, drain and set aside.
- Take a saucepan, melt butter and add bacon, garlic and onion. Keep stirring. Cook till the onion softens. Meanwhile whisk milk, cream cheese and mustard and add it in the pan. Take off the fire.
- Add salt and pepper for seasoning.
- Preheat your grill on high temperature.
- Take the parsley and cheddar cheese in a baking bowl and add the cooked onion and bacon mixture in it. Add the boiled pasta and Cauliflower. Add some more parsley on top and grill for 5 minutes. Make sure that the cheddar cheese melts.
- Your grilled Macaroni with Bacon and Cauliflower is ready to serve.