Ghujia is a India desert specially made during Holi. Ghujia actually belongs to Rajasthani cuisine. It could also be termed as an Indian dumpling made by maida and stuffed with khoya.
The method of making a Ghujia is somewhat similar to that of a Samosa and the only difference is in the stuffing. The stuffing in Ghujia is of khoya, nuts, coconuts etc.
- 500 gms Maida
- 3 tbsps Raisins
- 1 Kg Khoya
- 6 tbsp Cooking oil
- 200 gms almonds
- 500 gms sugar
- 200 ml water
How to make Ghujia this Hol
- Take a small bowl and add oil and 6 Tbsps of maida. Mix it well so that there are no lumps in the mixture.
- Now add some water and make a soft dough out of it. Set aside the dough and cover it with a damp cloth.
- Fry the khoya separately in another pan till it changes its color to brown. Add sugar, remove from flame and keep it aside. Let it cool.
- Now take a small part of dough and make a small chapatti out of it. Keep it a bit thicker as compared to normal chapatti.
- Stuff the adequate amount of khoya in it and fold it giving the shape of a Ghujia. Do not over stuff khoya.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan and fry your Ghujia. Fry them until they get golden brown color. Remember to keep the flame simmer.
- Your Ghujia is ready to eat.