- Reduced fat milk- 2/3 cup
- Unsalted butter- 2/3 cup
- Egg- 1
- Bread flour- 1 ½ cup
- Sugar- 1/3 cup
- Salt- ½ tsp
- Instant Yeast
Ingredients for topping-
- Unsalted butter- 2 Tbsp
- Sugar- 2 Tbsp
- Cinnamon- 1/4 tsp
How to make the baked dougnnuts
- Take a mixing bowl and add reduced fat milk, unsalted butter, Egg, Bread flour, Sugar, Salt and Instant Yeast. Make smooth dough. Cover it and keep it aside for ten minutes.
- After setting it for ten minutes take the dough and roll it to make a ½ inch thick chapatti. Cut the doughnuts with a doughnut cutter.
- Set these cut doughnuts in a baking tray which is floured with bread flour. Cover the doughnuts with a clean towel and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes.
- After that keep the tray in the oven and bake the dough nuts for 10 minutes. The top of the dough nuts should be golden brown.
- Keep them aside and let them cool. When they are cool enough, apply the melted unsalted butter on each doughnut and dip in the sugar mixed with cinnamon.
- Baked Christmas Doughnuts are ready to serve.