Badam is the Indian name give to Almonds and is most nutritious of all the nuts. Adding the almonds in your daily diet will lead to the physical wellness. Badam ka halwa is one of the most popular Indian deserts. It is rich, tempting and mouth watering desert. Badam Ka Halwa tastes best when served hot.
- Badam--2 cups
- Sugar--2 1/2 cups
- Kesar-- a few strands
- Ghee--1 cup
- Milk--1 cup
How to make Badam ka Halwa (Almond fudge):
- Soak the almonds in lukewarm water for an hour.
- When the almonds are well soaked, take out the outer skin and grind it with milk to make a paste.
- Take another pan and make sugar syrup with one string consistency.
- Add the badam paste to the sugar syrup and cook it till it thickens.
- Add a little ghee and kesar strands.
- Stir continuously and cook it on the simmer flame.
- Decorate it with kesar strands and thin sliced almonds.