Sleeping habits need to be revised if you find your child feeling tired and less active. Lack of sleep can affect the performance of your child and have a bad effect on his health.
Here are some points to make sure that your child gets good sound sleep.
- Set aside time for sleep per day. Notice at first how much your child sleeps and check if it is enough for his age group. If not make sure you set a timetable to tell him that it is time to sleep.
- Make the evening light, make sure that the child is not indulged in heavy activities in the evening. This may hamper the child’s sleep. Watching a bad or a horror movie just before sleeping is not a good idea. Therefore make sure that before sleeping the child is involved in something good and fun loving activity.
- Ask your child to reduce his usage of electronic gadgets before sleeping. Too much usage of such gadgets may get the child involved too much into it thus cutting off sleep.
- Make the room comfortable & cozy enough so that it can generate sleep and help your child to relax. A good cozy bed with soft pillows can be a great help to your child.
- Make it a habit of sleeping early and rising early. This will make sure that your heart stays young and gives vitality and vigor during the whole day.